So this Saturday we did another small project. Now that Maimoonah knows the running or straight stitch, I took out one of her old nappies and cut out a small piece and put dots on all the sides and asked her to stitch the running stitches along the dots.
Masha Allaah she threaded the needle on her own and I knotted it and she did this so independently without my help. Putting dots and having the nappy material which is very soft and easy to sew was a good move. I have to get some sewing supplies so until then I am using whatever is available in the house thus I used this old nappy : )
Then we used fabric paint and she drew this flower.
After it dried she ironed it for it to pop up. The paint was not enough I think and it did not make a big difference.
![]() |
| This is the first time in her life she has used the iron! |
Any way then we stuffed the wool and stitched.
This is how it looks after completing.
I would not call it a great project, but she really loved the process and the final product, she actually wanted that to be a her small pillow. So I said we will make a pillow later on Insha Allaah!
She also stitched this embroidery card from the pack the sister sent her as a gift. She chose the colour of the thread and insisted on it, so I hope you can see the stitches Insha Allaah!










Comments
As Salaamu Alaiki!
Nice! Mashaa'Allaah :) Maimoonah is learning a great skill! I think sometimes I wish I knew how to sew...especially to make my family clothes- but it's hard to find someone to teach it- consistently and cheaply .. Mashaa'Allaah. Anyways good job ladies :)
What a cute pin cushion :) Masha Allah,such a lovely idea I may do the same insha Allah, jazzakillahu khair for the idea! I am sure she loved having something which she made.
I agree Umm Suhaila I am desperate to know how to use a sewing machine. Its on my list of things to do insha Allah.
Fe Amaanillah
Umm Imaan
What a cute pin cushion Masha-Allah. It's nice to see such enthusiasm in learning a craft. Maimoonah you've got a fan out here in Canada!
I took a course on sewing myself last year and can't wait to pass on the skill. I'm glad I'll have your blog to get ideas from in future. Maimoonah's learning a great thing mashAllah.
Masha Allaah I am so thankful to Allaah that I have all of you to encourage me, help me and be there for me through out, Subhanallaah! It is indeed so over whelming to read your comments, Alhamdulillaah!
Umm Suhailah, I know what you mean, I guess as time goes on you will have a liking towards it and eventually learn sometimes when you are put into a situation you automatically learn Insha Allaah! As for me I have taken it for granted that I have my mom to do my sewing : ) May Allaah bless her!!! Aameen!
Umm Imaan, hope to see your projects soon Insha Allaah! And I know one of these days your sewing machine projects will benefit us too Insha Allaah!
No probs sis Minara, I understand, I was so happy to see archery been revived masha Allaah!
Umm Sayang, thanks for all your kind words. Will let Maimoonah know, now I have to think of a way to explain what is this "Fan" is all about to her : )
Umm Abdar Rahmaan, as I said I got this from a dear sister from Europe and the card says this web address http://www.pandurohobby.com
Hope this would help Insha Allaah!
Amatullaah, great! I am sure all what your learnt are pretty fresh and am waiting to get some help from you when needed. I am awaitng your projects too Insha Allaah!