Tuesday 23 September 2014

The Best Ten Days of the Year - Dhul Hijjah Lapbook!


بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم



Alhamdulillaah! With the permission of sister Umm Ibraheem we managed to re do her The First Ten Days of Dhul Hijjah with some additions such as the inclusion of why the ten days are special. Also with the permission of sister Umm Safiyyah Madeehah bint Nafees we included her well written story of Umm Ismaaeel and her little boy as a mini book to go with the lapbook. All these materials were used at the recently concluded "The Merits of the First ten days of Dhul Hijjah" workshop here in Doha along with the Stories put onto Slideshows to make it interesting for the kids.

You can download the Lapbook and the Mini Books by clicking the links below.


The Cover page could be decorated by the children.



The Calendar page could be filled after the sighting of the Dhul Hijjah crescent and all activities on the Calendar could be done thereafter.



The next page includes a Saudi Arabia Map and a picture of the Ka'bah for colouring (The Kabah picture was taken from www.smartark.com with permission of sister Fehmida) and a short description about what is Dhul Hijjah.



The "Why are the first 10 days of Dhul Hijjah Special" accordion book should be assembled and pasted on the next page. 


Simply cut out the outlines and paste each piece on the other on the space provided and fold each page to make an accordion book.


Cut the pages like shown above


Paste like above

When pasted it should like this

 Paste the last page on the Lapbook on the space provided.




It should look like this when complete.


Next Page talks about the Day of Arafah and children can fill in the answers.




What should we do in these days? Children can fill in the good deeds mentioned here such as Salaah,
Fasting, The Takbeer, Tahleel and Tahmeed, Fasting on the day of Arafah, Duaa,Dhikr, Good Deeds, Charity, etc etc.



The Next page talks about Eidul Adha and the Sunan of Eid



Then the next page explains why Muslims Slaughter on the Eidul Adhah. Cut out the Mini Books the Story of Sacrifice and the Story of Umm Ismaaeel separately and bind them and paste them on this page.



The Story of Umm Ismaaeel and her Little Son includes simple questions and answers for the children to do.,




The Last page includes a review game.




We hope this would help the kids learn more about the Best Days of the Year Inshaa Allaah.

My sincere thanks to sister Umm Aayah and her good friend for helping me with the design and layout of the lapbooks, mini books and the slide show, sister Umm Ibraheem for allowing us to use her materials, Madeehah for granting permission to use her story and checking my mistakes and pointing out to me, sister Fehmidah for her graphics. 

Please note all references and sources are given at the end of the lapbook, if for some reason the links are broken someday and you need the references please contact me Inshaa Allaah. If you find any errors please let us know. Baarakallaah Feekum.



7 comments:

AlabasterMuslim said...

Asalaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,
This is so wonderful mashallah!! May allah bless you and your family and grant you the highest level of jannah, ameen! It is so nice to see you caring SO HIGHLY of your child's islamic education. I'm still trying to find what i can do for my daughter, and taking it slowly (it's a learning process for myself). But Alhamdullilah I printed off the Aqeedah lessons 1 by brother Moosa Richardson, and my 3 year old is really getting it!! This makes me sooooo happy. So I've added on about 10 other important things (*smiles*) to the homeschooling list to teach her inshallah!!

Oh before I forget, I tried contacting the company that sells the "learn about" series books...my email will not send to them (which has never happened before when emailing anyone- it says their server takes to long to respond or something). I found a Facebook page they have but they never responded to that message which did go through. Do you know of any other way to contact them? I'm interested in seeing how much their WHOLE set of books cost in that series + shipping to the USA.

Once again Jazackallahu Khair!!

-Amina Bint Yusuf Knuckles

Umm Maimoonah said...

Alaikum salaam warahmathullaahi wa barakaatuhu ukhtee

Aameen for all your duaa, really we are in need of the Mercy of Allaah during this blessed days! Jazzaakillaah Khayr for your kind words, indeed all praise is due to Allaah alone and He has blessed us with all His bounties to do whatever is possible for us.

Yes we are still learning and will continue to learn. I am sure your kids will love Brother Moosa's Aqqeda book as it deals very nicely, audious of his Aqeedah lessons are very cute and beneficial too, you can download them here http://www.troid.ca/index.php/women/raising-children/1559-aqeedah-lessons-for-small-children

There is an issue with Darul Kitab email. I have been getting the same message now for months. I did inform the sister and matter was ok but seems like its not resolved. Please contact her on this email address darulkit@gmail.com if you do not receive any reply please email me. Inshaa Allaah I can speak to her over the phone and give your email address to contact you.

Baarakallaah Feekum

AlabasterMuslim said...

Wa Alaikum Asalaam,
Yes, my daughter loves the lessons you pointed me towards wa alhamdullilah they are such a blessing.

I emailed the sister via the email you gave me. The email did seem to go through so inshallah I'll get a response! Jazackallahu Khair!

AlabasterMuslim said...

Asalaamu alaikum,
Eid mubarak!
Alhamdullilaj the sister emailed me, jazackallahu khair for your help!


I have a question if you don't mind (sorry if I ask too many)!! Did you teach Maimoona the arabic and english alphabets at the same time?

Shelley said...

Where may I purchase the Smart Start Science books? I think my 3 boys would love them.

Thank you,
Shelley

Umm Maimoonah said...

Alaikum salaam Ukhtee Amina, Taqabbalallaahu minna wa minkum! Glad you were able to get in touch. I informed the sister too! Baarakallaah Feekum

Sister Shelly, the Smart Science Books are no more., I got them from Malaysia and they do not print those books any more but I just saw an alternative by the same publishers. Check this link out
http://www.pelangibooks.com/products.php?product=Hooray%21-Science%09

Hope this helps.

Baarakallaah Feekum!

Shelley said...

Thank you so much! That was very helpful and I was able to order them just fine. Thank you again.

Shelley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...