Wednesday 4 August 2010

Ramadhaan Plans Insha Allaah!

I've been looking forward for this Ramadhaan as I really want to get the best out of it Insha Allaah. Before Maimoonah was born it was different, I could do many things especially ibaadah at my own times and take rest too, but since her birth I feel I have not done enough easpecilly becuase I have not planned enough. Also now she will be three years old in Ramadhaan so things will be much easier Insha Allaah if I do my planning properly. Also this is our first Ramadhaan in a Muslim Land so looking forward to it with Joy Insha Allaah!

So here is what I did. I printed out the TJ Mother's Ramadhaan Organizer and filed on to a ring binder.



Masha Allaah this was very helpful. May Allaah reward the sister. I filled in all information. It has a page for reading articles on Ramadhaan and listening to lectures and taking notes etc etc. I was one person who used to be listening to good lectures very often and it makes your eemaan stronger masha Allaah, with Maimoonah I have left this for sometime. I want to re start again. So I wrote down some names of the lectures that I would want to listen in Ramadhaan. You can listen to many worthy lectures here Insha Allaah.

Then it also has a page for recipe. We are not that fussy about food in Ramadhaan. Something simple and nice all would enjoy. So I just listed out few dishes I would like to make so that I do not waste time thinking what to do today. listed out the things I need to buy too. Shopping is still pending, hope to finish it soon Insha Allaah.

There is a section for Ibadaah too. So I just wrote down some of the Ibaadah that I would like to do Insha Allaah.

Then we come to the most important section, that is keeping our little bint busy in Ramadhaan. Masha Allaah this organizer helped me a lot to plan out all activities for her and here are the details Insha Allaah.


First I wrote down the activities she would do the whole of Ramadhaan. Here are they Insha Allaah:

  1. Read aloud Ramadhaan related books that we have chosen.
  2. Art and Craft 1 per week
  3. Worksheets
  4. Ramadhaan Colour picture a day
  5. Ramadhaan Bulletin Board
  6. Ramadhaan Lapbook
  7. Memorize three Soorahs including Soorah Al Qadr Insha Allaah
  8. A Good Deed Chart
  9. Ramadhaan Colouring Book whenever she wants she can take it out and colour
  10. Phases of the Moon Chart

I have decided that we will be reading these books from darul kitaab throughout Ramadhaan and will be discussing issues Insha Allaah. So I kept these books separately in the cupboard so that she will know these are the books to be read more frequently in Ramadhaan.


I printed out all the printable, worksheets, crafts etc etc that I would need and filed them separately. I notice it takes a long time for me to cut and do stuff that I need to do and thus lot of time gets wasted. So this time I did all the cutting and arranging stuff before hand and filed them separately in the organizer. This way we just take out the worksheet or craft that we decide to do and finish it off fast Insha Allaah.

Then I printed out a Ramadhaan Activities Calandar from here and filled in all the activities to be done each week and put it on our white Board.


Maimoonah keeps reading it "My Ramadhaan Activities" each time some one passes by the board.

Finally, this is how all of this planning look right now : )




I hope this would give me more time to concentrate on my ibaadah and take a bit of rest too Insha Allaah. Also most importantly to make Maimoonah familiar with Ramadhaan related issues .

I hope this would help and encourage sisters who are having kids of similar age Insha Allaah. Have a great Ramadhaan with Allaah's Mercy showering upon you and your family!


5 comments:

Basbusa's Mama said...

Masha'Allah, such great preparation! I totally know what you mean about preparing activities for the kiddos taking a really long time. And you're right, there are more important things to do during Ramadan than cut up construction paper and hunt for pretty pictures to print on worksheets! I'll try to follow your example and get some of my Ramadan activities prepared in advance, insha'Allah :)

Imaan said...

as salaamu `alaykum :) We use those books too! Love them to pieces - great for adults as well eh? I hope to read more about your Ramadan days - will catch up with you from Singapore in shaa Allah!

Umm Maimoonah said...

@ Basbusa's Mama, am glad you benefited from this post masha Allaah. Hope to see your Ramadhaan plans and activities too Insha Allaah.


Alaikum salaam sis Imaan Insha Allaah hope to post as and when things happen Insha Allaah. Hope you would have a wonderful Ramadhaan and Eid in Singapore!

Umm Muhammad said...

salaam alaikum habibti
can you comment me back with the website where you got those books from inshaAllah? They look nice mashaAllah.... jazakAllah khair

Umm Maimoonah said...

Alaikum salaam dear ukhti,

http://www.darulkitabonline.com/learn-about-series.php

Insha Allaah that is the link for the books. Hope you would enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...