Saturday 24 July 2010

Together We Read - Who Made the Builders?

First of all Jazzakillaah Khayr to Sister Umm An Nu'man for her generosity, thus enabling us to read this book and benefit bi idhnillaah.

This is a very simple book and well fitting for Maimoonah as she is same us Omar these days asking and asking questions masha Allaah. So she liked this book very much.


So we read this book many times and used the files from here, and pasted them on our environmental studies book.






Also we spoke about people who help us in our neighborhood and read once again (a revision I should say) this book which could be downloaded here. Masha Allaah in our Village you can see most of these people who help us, so it was easy for me to teach Maimoonah. She loves the Imaam of our masjid and is waiting for her Abi to take her to him one day and give salaams to the Imaam.



We also practiced the Adhaan and the Iqaamah. I do not have to do anything much on this Masha Allaah because we hear this five times everyday and the Muaddin says it so clearly and slowly Maimoonah has caught them masha Allaah.

Then on the next page we pasted and wrote the things that are in our neighbourhood inside our Village. While doing this I also spoke to her about who neighbours are and how Allaah and His Messenger sallaahu alaihiwasallam has asked us to treat our neighbours kindly. She was very happy about this and she told me "Ummi I am kind to the children at the alligator (play area), so aren't they my neighbours?"


In the evening when we went for a I just took her around all the places that we have pasted on the book. Here are some pics Insha Allaah.






It was pretty hot and humid, when we came back she had a wash and the water was boiling hot. She asked me "Ummi, Why is the water so hot? Is it because the sun is making it hot?" I said "Yes", then she thought for a while and said "Ummi, but now the sun has gone down so the moon is making the water hot, isn't it"? Masha Allaah kids say things so innocently!!!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assalamu alaikum,

Masha'Allah, each time I see pictures I want to come live there! It seems so nice and peaceful masha'Allah. Jazakillahu Khayr.

Umm Maimoonah said...

Alaikum salaam warahmathullaah!

I will be more than happy to have you here Insha Allaah lets hope you can come and join us soon. smile!

Umm Tafari said...

As salaam alaikum,

I love your little field trips around the neighborhood, maaashaa allah.

Umm Maimoonah said...

Alaikum salaam

Masha Allaah. We enjoy it too. Allaah has blessed us with a nice Village.

Basbusa's Mama said...

Salaam, thanks so much for the link to your blog - I'm so glad to have found it! It's a great resource, and I love the handy Ramadan-activities links you've gathered together in the sidebar. Jazaaki Allahu khayr, and I'm looking forward to reading all your older posts!

Umm Maimoonah said...

Alaikum salaam warahmathullaah sis

Welcome! Wa iyyaaki. Hope you will enjoy reading and benefit Insha Allaah.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...