Monday 27 September 2010

Asmaaul Husna - Names and Attributes of Allaah


So here is the detail post of how we intend learning the Names and Attributes of Allaah, Insha Allaah.

I want Maimoonah to know the 99 Names of Allaah , but I do not want her to just memorize only instead I want her to Know the meanings of them and use it in her day to day life Insha Allaah. And always ask Allaah by His Most Beautiful Names and get her Duaas answered Insha Allaah and develop the love her Lord. Indeed the more you know your Lord the more you will Love Him.

That was the main reason that I included this in the Preschool curriculum.

So we took a botany book and on the first page we pasted the Hadeeth on Whoever knows the 99 names of Allaah and preserves them will enter Jannaah" and on the next page the Aayahs from Soorah Hashr that talks about some of the names of Allaah. I want her to memorize that Aayah Insha Allaah as time goes on. She already knows the Hadeeth with the meaning masha Allaah.



I got her involved in doing this book and she was more than happy to help me.


Then we pasted the Names of Allaah on one side of the book with its meaning and on the other side I write the explanation. I can just take a print out and paste it there, but I want her to see me writing so that she would also want to write, seeing makes a big difference.


Then we paste some pictures related to that attribute. Then I just explain to her a situation in which she could use this Name, in a kind of a small story format. For example to emphasis the Attribute "The Protector" I tell her a small story where a kid gets scared of something and asks Allaah "O Allaah You Al Haafidh, The Protector, so protect me", then Allaah protects the kid and he is safe. So I can see her applying this in her daily life. This way children get to know their Lord and Insha Allaah eventually will develop the Mahabbaah towards their Rabb. Also you can do some activities such as colouring, cutting and pasting. For Example we did "Al Ilaah - The One who Deserves to be worshiped". We pasted these pictures and she was colouring while I was talking about Tawheed and worshiping Allaah alone.




One another beneficial thing about this is that I get to introduce Arabic reading too just like I do the English. She would be able to recognize the Arabic letters and words too Insha Allaah.

So far we have done about 4 names and will keep you posted as we go one Insha Allaah in our summary posts. Here are the other two Names..


The Names of Allaah Cards could be downloaded here Insha Allaah. Jazzakillaah Khayr again to our sister Umm An Nu'man for helping me through out!


7 comments:

Muslim Shoots said...

Mashaa'Allaah! What a lovely idea to put them into a book, I might copy your idea and get my kids to practise their Arabic writing too insha'Allaah.

Jazaki Allaahu khair...<3

Minara said...

been wanting to do this with my kids for a while now, where did you get the print outof the names of allah

Umm Maimoonah said...

Sis Muslim Shoot you are most welcome to copy it! :)

Sis Minara at the end of the post I have left the link to download. Its in Umm An Nu'man's site, Insha Allaah. Check the post.

umm muhammad said...

MashaAllah Uhkti, this is a wonderful idea. It IS better to understand the name and not just memorize you are right alhamdulillah. I am going to do this with my son inhshaAllah :)

Umm Maimoonah said...

You are most welcome Umm Muhammad to this. I want to keep this book for the years to come so that Maimoonah will benefit from it even when she grows older Insha Allaah and that's one reason that I am writing the explanation.

Javeria said...

Asalamu Alaykum, I have just started the pre school curriculum with my daughter. JazakAllahu Khairan Katheeran for sharing your curriculum and ideas. Just one question, where can i get the hadith in arabic which you posted plus is the explanation in your own words or some other book?

Umm Maimoonah said...

Alaikum salaam sister Javeria
Wa iyyaaki, glad to hear the blog is of benefit to you bi idhnillaah!

As for the Hadeeth you can download it here http://www.arabicfirst.co.uk/curriculum/AC02.pdf

And the explanation of Asmaaul Husna, no sis I do not give any of my own explanation for anything regarding Islaam walillaahil hamd. All explanations are from the scholars and Tullaabul ilm who have explained referring to the scholars. The explanation I use is Shaykh Saad's raheemahullaah explanation explained in English by our dear brother Abu Talha Dawud Burbank raheemahullaah. You can get the document here Insha Allaah!
http://www.4shared.com/office/RBxLPa6e/An_explanation_to_Allaahs_name.html
http://www.4shared.com/office/ww3gPyYe/Names_of_Allaah_and_its_meanin.html

Hope this helps Insha Allaah!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...