Thursday 23 September 2010

Summary - Week 1 - Who is Allaah?

Alhamdulillaah! We have successfully completed the 1st week of our curriculum! And here is the summary Insha Allaah!

We read Usooluth Thalaathah and the Aqeedah book for children and practiced the Arabic "Man Rabbuki?" "Rabbee Allaah". Maimoonah loves these two books and she really likes when I read the proofs from the Quraan and she tries to catch them fast Masha Allaah. The Aqeedah book done by our Brother Moosa Richardson is really catchy, because it has some questioned to be asked at the end of each lesson and all answers are mostly yes or no. I make it kind of an activity where she stands in one place and listens to the questions carefully and answers, inbetween I ask her to jump 5 times, run from here to there and give her instructions in Arabic, this way she will not get bored Insha Allaah.

Asmaaul Husna


We learnt about the name "Allaah". I will post in detail what actually I intend doing with Asmaaul husna on another post Insha Allaah.



Reading
Masha Allaah she could read this on her own.

We practiced reading with new words and sentences about Allaah and His creations.

And she read these two books to me on her own..


We have borrowed a couple of Noddy books from my cousin and she absolutely loves them. And these are the books she wanted me to read to her this week. Hope to get her more Noddy books Insha Allaah!


Writing
We did a pre writing activity book.
We have been learning to write letters "A, L, l, H,laam and alif". Writing is progressing well masha Allaah!



Making Words
She really loved this. I was surprised, she could remember the spellings of most of the words masha Allaah. I also made her fill in the missing letters of the word. She did well in that too. We made a sentence to go along with our theme. She was insisting that she needs a capital A for Allaah, but we have only the lower case letters so I told her Insha Allaah will get her the upper case letters soon.


I insist on cleaning up after each activity.. you can see her doing that : )



Montessori Activities

Using the Tweezers




Cleaning up..

Lacing and using the needle




We wanted to paint the name "Allaah" but her Abi was supposed to introduce paint brush painting to her and due his schedules we had to postpone that so instead we made this and she really enjoyed this activity.. a small book of A for her..


She wrote the letter "A" and we wrote some of the words starting with the letter "A". and checked her encyclopedia and 1001 words book index pages to get some words starting with the letter "A" and made this.



After I finished writing she suddenly said "Ummi A is for Abdullaah" (that's her father's name), write that also and write I love him". So we wrote that on the last page of her book.

Getting ready for week 2 Insha Allaah!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah,

Aww masha'Allah! That sounds great..barak Allahu feki!

I had an idea last night (well two) for you. Insha'Allah, I can get them done before you finish this next week's unit.

Anonymous said...

mashaAllaah, what a productive week! well done...

Umm Muhammad Saalih

PS. Really enjoy your blog!

UmmSara said...

assalamu alaikum,

MashaAllah, well done Maimoonah!

JazakhAllah sister for making this much effort to educate your daughter and may Allah make it continuous all the way through inshaAllah.

Your daughter is 3 years old, right? I have kids (3 and 2) and started homeschooling a year ago. Right now both of them do the same things even though they age differs. It has been wonderful alhamdulillah.
Most of the things we do came up randomly, we didn't have any lesson plans/curriculum. Now that my son is 3 I have been trying to organize weekly preschool curriculum outline(almost done inshaAllah). I saw TJ's Islam is my life Islamic Preschool Curriculum Outline, I like it very much and trying to get some help from hers inshaAllah.
I would like to see your 6 week curriculum outline too, but I could not open your file. Do you use MicrosoftWord07 or what is format of your file?
InshaAllah, I can share our outline and schedule in our blog once we are done.

Once again thank you for sharing,
assalamu alaikum

Umm Maimoonah said...

Alaikum salaam warahmathullaah and jazzakillaah khayr dear sisters.

Your are more than welcome sis Umm An -Nu'man, that's so sweet of you!

Jazzakillaah khayr sis Umm Muhammad for stopping by and for the comment.

Sis Umm Sara, I have uploaded the word 2003 document, please try the link again and download. If it does not work let me know Insha Allaah. please mail me at binthun@yahoo.com I will send you the document via email. wa iyyaaki and yes of course we can help each other on this sis. As I started home shooling a year ago I just put down the goals that I want to achieve and the resources that am going to use for it and like you randomly did things here and there, but with planning for Ramadhaan I realized that she is capable of learning more without any force if I am well organized thus I made this curriculum and Insha Allaah hope this would benefit us. Hope to read your outline too sis.

Thanks for all your kind and encouraging comments.

Eva said...

mashaAllah :) that's fantastic that she could read it herself :) how old is your daughter? I can't wait to get started on our unit and I'm so glad you posted yours as a guide!

Umm Maimoonah said...

She just turned 3 few days ago (according to the Islaamic calendar she turned three in Ramadan : ) masha Allaah. I have been using Glenn Doman's reading program for reading for her and it works well with her masha Allaah. Many have concerns with regard to this program, but masha Allaah I have some kids in our family who have used this method and all of them did well, now they are over 10 years old, So I went ahead with it. Masha Allaah she is doing well and very much eager to read without any pressure from me. I think you should check this out Insha Allaah the name of the book that gives you all details is "Teach your baby to read" by Glenn Doman. Insha Allaah hope this would help. I am sure A will enjoy reading this way too, Insha Allaah. Having said that you are an early childhood educator, masha Allaah and I am sure you would know better than me what would suite your daughter Insha Allaah. Just let me know your views too sis, I would really value it Insha Allaah.

Eva said...

Ohh yea I think I've heard of that book :) I think my daughter has been ready to take the next step to reading for a while but I've been a little behind.. she knows all the letter sounds but we haven't moved on to joining the sounds.. I'll definitely check out the book :) I was thinking of using the progressivephonics.com program as I heard very good things about it.. and I was also thinking of labelling things in her environment so we could sound them out together. JazakAllahu khairun, I'll have to check if my library has that book :)

Umm Maimoonah said...

Insha Allaah check this book out, when you read you would know that Glenn Doman is against phonics for many reasons. Insha Allaah just do a bit of a study and research and then conclude what would best suite for A. Every child is different! All the best sis!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...