Assalaamu Alaikum warahmathullaah. Here is an update of our community Project in Doha - The Children's Library.
Alhamdulillaah now we have about 800 books both in English and Arabic(400 Arabic Books and 400 English Books). Since we are careful about what we are exposing our children to, we are at the moment checking all the books word by word to the best of our ability to see that nothing includes any unislaamic issues. This has taken sometime but Alhamdulillaah we have almost finished checking all books.
Most of the Books if not all are wonderful nonfiction, realistic books that I am sure indeed very very rare to find in any other few Libraries around Doha. So it is indeed a worthwhile Project and a much needed one for everyone, especially for the homeschoolers. Inshaa Allaah this will be a start for our kids and await many more activities to come up.
I sincerely thank the very few sisters who took the trouble to email me and contribute towards the Library responding to my earlier post as well of all those lovely sisters who generously donated books for the Library. May Allaah bless you all for your kindness and generosity. We are still in need of funds and would really appreciate if each one of you could contribute something very small towards this project as of now we are in debt but bi idhnillaah we will go on by the Grace and Mercy of Allaah. You can make an online donation. Here is how you can do this.
- Go to this link https://load.payoneer.com/LoadToPage.aspx
- On the Select Card section enter this Email Address "email@example.com" and you will see the last 4 digits of our Card Number.
- Then mention the amount you would like to donate
- In the "reason for Loading" space mention "Gift"
- There is Fee charged by the payment Gateway, you can choose if you want to pay that fee or if you want that to be deducted from your donation.
- Finally process the payment.
- You will be sent a confirmation email after the cash gets deposited.
We hope to have a soft opening soon Inshaa Allaah. If you are in Doha and would like your kids to become members then the mothers have to be part of the QMuslimah Online Group to become members of the Children's Library. If you are not part of the group yet and want to be, please email me and we can send you an invitation to join the group Inshaa Allaah.