Friday 7 January 2011

Initiation

Sister Umm Raiyaan at www.ummihomeschoolsme.com often speaks about children taking their initiation in learning and doing things. I always liked this way too and admire her daughter taking up this initiation and learning things masha Allaah.

I have been following Ummihomeschoolsme from the time Maimoonah was born as I intended to homeschool before even she was born, smile. And this is one of those blogs which inspired me gave me courage, interest, ideas and an assurance bi idhnillaah that I could home school too without any experience. I always loved the way Umm Rayyan taught her daughter from a very early stage and wondered if I could ever do this with Maimoonah. Now looking back I can see a lot of similarities masha Allaah. And indeed it was a great blessing from Allaah that I came across her blog and may Allaah bless her and reward her for all her sharing, Aameen.


So why do you think I am writing so much…



The other day I was blessed to witness my daughter taking up this initiation in learning too , masha Allaah! Since we were talking about day and night, Maimoonah brought me some papers folded and asked me to staple them so that she can make a book of Night and Day. I did that and gave it to her expecting her to just scribble and colour. But to my surprise she started writing masha Allaah and asked me to spell out certain words she was not sure of. Subhanallaah I was amazed but it was true.




Then I told her to draw too. She did well masha Allaah, she actually drew the sun with rays!



I remembered sis Umm Raiyaan talking about this initiaton and I knew the happiness in seeing such initiation Alhamdulillaah! And I was actually thankful to Allaah for making this huge task of home schooling easy for me which I thought would be so difficult 2 years ago Alhamdulillaah!

5 comments:

UmmSara said...

Wonderful MashaAllah,
This is something nice about homeschooling right sister?
You get to see, hear and witness you child's big and small accomplishments.
InshaAllah Maimoonah will achieve a lot and make you a happy and proud mom biiznillah.
May Allah make your work fruitful and easy inshaAllah.
assalamu alaikum

Umm Raiyaan said...

Assalamu Alaikum

MashaAllah sis! That is amazing! You must feel so proud and happy mashaAllah tabarakAllah. Your Maimoonah really does remind me of R when she was that age mashaAllah. May Allah continue to bless you in your journey. Ameen. xxx

Eva said...

Assalamu Alaikum sister,

Wow mashaAllah that's wonderful, what a lovely book! :)

Anonymous said...

mashaAllah, this is just wonderful! I did post a comment (or try to) but it didnt get uploaded... just want to say Welcome back.. i really missed your posts when you were offline and would keep checking 4 updates..was quite worried that something terrible had happened to you! it was awesome to see the first post after so long alhamdulillah. you and your little girl are so inspirational to me mashaAllaah. I am also homeschooling my son who is your daughters age and have a little girl after him and I just love your blog- baarakAllaahu feekum!

Umm Muhammad Saalih

Umm Maimoonah said...

Assalaamu Alaikum dear Akhawaat,

Jazzakumullaah Khayr for all your lovely motivating comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...