Monday 25 April 2011

Summary - Week 15 - Allaah gave me a house to live!

Allaah gave me a house to live!

So this week was full of activities. Discussed about the blessing of having a shelter and animals, birds and human beings need shelter and Allaah is the Provider of this. We talked about why we need a house. She said we need a house to protect us from rain, sun and we need a house to sleep and go to the toilet. We also discussed about etiquettes of entering one's house and entering other people's houses.


We learnt about Housing through the Ages from the encyclopaedia.


We made this small board house.


She coloured this and then cut the shapes and pasted and made this.


Next we learnt the different parts of the house.


She named all the things in a living room, bathroom, kitchen and bedroom.

We did these worksheets on matching and tracing.



Then we spoke about animal homes and did this worksheet from sis Umm An Nu'man.



Also we did the Homes have shapes worksheet. And we took our shapes out and did a bit of a revision in Arabic and English.


We read the Little People Book on Welcome to our home and then she did the sticker activity at the end of the book.


We had this beautiful felt stuff on Homes theme which I got from the Early Learning Centre was very cute and helped her to do a little bit of interior decoration as well. Masha Allaah while she was doing this she was using full of descriptive words. This is indeed a great activity.



Maths
Continuing with MEP, we did the next few chapters. We learnt to count upto 7 with fingers and did this counting board game. I changed it according to Maimoonah's ability.


She learnt the right side, left side and middle of something in a row along with the ordinal numbers. The concept of how many missing and subtraction concept along with adding I think she needs more practice with more numbers. So we just did this with counters for the moment and as time goes she can re do it Insha Allaah.


She also did the next few pages on her number work book.


Alhamdulillaah, after our circle time now Maimoonah can count upto 50 and knows to tell the times o clock and half past.


Reading, writing, Language
We made this Homes book and Maimoonah is able to read.




We spoke about our Final home Jannah or Jahannam and read all about both the abodes from the lovely Darul Kitab books, My little Book of Jannah and My little Book of Jahannam.

We did our usual reading game this time with marbles and pom pom balls. Every time she picked and read the piece of paper she wanted one marble or a pom pom ball as reward!


Also at the beginning of the post you can see our white board for this week. Maimoonah is able to read that Masha Allaah!

Arabic
We read and learnt the Homes From Different parts of the world from arabicfirst and did the activities.

She learnt the next few letters.



And we practised reading.


I added 2 more flash cards (4 new words) from Word Flow for this week. Previous flash cards words are familiar to her to read now.

Qur'aan Memorization
We are memorizing Soorah Taariq but going slow as I am facing an emotional issue with Maimoonah. She is actually going through a phase now that she feels when she makes mistakes while reciting the soorahs she already know that she is defeated and breaks down. And gets very frustrated when someone is correcting her and refuses to accept that she made a mistake. So it has become a small sensitive issue. If any sisters dealt this with their kids please share as to what they did. I am just ignoring these days and asking her to correct me if I am wrong. So lets see how it goes bi idhnillaah!


Montessori Activity
Lacing with different shapes and number of holes.


We revised the Asmaaul Husnah and did not learn the new Names as I realized I do not have those particular names and meanings printed out and I am unable to trouble sis Umm An Nu'man right now as she is having a busy schedule. So Insha Allaah we will do these two names later and also the mini book for this week will be available whenever sis Umm Nu'man is able to do as usual I have asked her to take her time. The previous week's mini book is available to download and we will be completing that and updating the last summary post soon Insha Allaah! A big Jazzakillaah Khayr for sis Umm An Nu'man.

All the links for resources that I have used for the week are available on the Pre School Curriculum documents for this week Insha Allaah!

7 comments:

Umm Tafari said...

As salaam alaikum,

I got in after several tries, alhamdulillah.

I love these activities especially the felt. You know I have a thing for felt.

I would love to spend more time working with my three year old. I need to try to fit her in and give her her own activities more often.

Umm Maimoonah said...

Alaikum salaam Umm Tafari,

I am glad you made it masha Allaah! Wonder why its difficult, I just cannot figure it out!

Subhanallaah I can imagine youe schedules and I am sure your three year old must be loving to learn just like her other siblings. Insha Allaah I am sure she will do it soon and we will get the opportunity to look forward to your new ideas too for pre preschoolers : )

UmmSara said...

assalamu alaikum,

Great week mashaAllah. It is good to see that you had lot's of fun activities.

Regarding small issues with Qura'n memorizing: I think at this age the only thing is encouraging and motivating our kids to learn and memorize Qur'an.
I also keep reminding them about the rewards of memorizing Qu'ran, how malaikah come and how Shaitan runs aways etc.

My kids do not have emotional breakdown, but if we skip revising, they begin making mistakes.So, I ask them repeat the same surah several times which takes more time and they get tired/bored. Usually we did revising in the mornings, now we are doing this twice a day but spending less time. I guess this is working for now.
I guess it is also a challenge for us mothers too. May Allah make it easy.

Umm Suhailah said...

Bismillaah

As Salaamu Alaikum

Why does Maimoonah's shape house look like Susu & Yara's lol!! I was like heyyyyy that reminds me of the girls house hehe.(i will post a pic sometime and show you lol) As always I enjoyed the post. I've been dragging my feet on the Montessori activities- I see the benefit in the practical life skill activities- I guess I need to sit down a view this method more for the girls Inshaa'Allaah

Umm Maimoonah said...

Alaikum salaam warahmathullaah Akhawaat,

Umm Sara, Jazzakillaah Khaur for the comment. Yes I understand it is indeed a challange for us. My worry is that I really do not want her to feel this as a burden and stop reciting altogether Auoothubillaah. Now I am slowly talking to her and both of us a listening to the audio together and she is a bit better now but still I feel she does not have the confident as before. I guess we got to be patient and handle her gently Insha Allaah! Yes she too forgets if we do not revise.

Umm Suhailah awaiting your picture of the house! I was not organized with Montessori activities before as well. But I realized presenting these activities and doing it really helps them and they love these too especially when they see something new each time. I hide the stuff and keep and put it out only at the time of doing the activity, after introducing I keep them on the shelf and when she wants she can try them out later.

Umm Suhailah said...

Bismillaah

That's a really good idea about hiding the stuff! Makes learning more fun and exciting Mashaa'Allaah. I hope to get better :) Since school is out today I may have to catch up on some reading :) Inshaa'Allaah

Homeschool Diary said...

Asalamualaikum,

The stuff that you do is really inspirational...especially the Islamic work. I have a question regarding Quran memorisation-how old is Maimoonah and what age did you start memorisation and the MEP programme with her?
Jazakallahkhair.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...