- Seerah She completed the Part 2 of the Seerah Worksheet. We made the Seerah Trail Puzzle to make it easy for her to do the map marking on the worksheet and also to see the relevance.
- Seerah - We learnt about the Miracles of the Prophet and recorded them on the notebook.
- Jolly Phonics - I went through the words from Jolly Phonics Hand Book and asked Maimoonah to read and identify the sounds and used this book to test her out. Insha Allaah will practice with more letter sounds and worksheets as we go on. She actually does not use the phonics for reading but now she has understood how words are formed through letter sounds.
- Grammar - Possessive Adjectives. All activities from Little Grammar Workbook
- Transport, Fuel, Wheels and Fast and slow - This was also almost a revision. We did the activities on the Smart Start Science Work Book.
Then we printed this out from here and I read the Story in Arabic showing her the letters and sounds and she read in English. Then gave her a construction paper, the pictures and asked her to decorate a cover for the book and paste the pictures according to the text in each page. This was the end result.
Then we also had a sticker book in Arabic. She pasted some of the stickers and lost interest. Can use it later Insha Allaah.
We used the Arabic First book on Transport and sis Umm An Nu'man's Qaamoos to recap all the names in Arabic for the vehicles.
We also have a nice book with detailed History of Transportation. Maimoonah read randomly form here and there.
Continuing with >,< I gave her some additional worksheets for practice. Also after that I asked her to write some equations using >, < and some equations I dictated and she wrote on the book. We also did some subtraction practise.
- Qur'aan Centre -Other than the Transport theme related Arabic work, we started Qura'aan center Activities for Soorah Falaq. Insha Allaah will continue the same next week too.
- Writing - She wrote number five here.
- Conversation - We did the next part of the conversation, welcoming and asking basic questions.