- Seerah - We revised our Note Book from the beginning till what we have learnt so far. Spoke about certain things and had a nice discussion
- Worksheet - Maimoonah has heard many kids talking about Exams so she wanted me to give her a big Exam paper so that she too can do exams. So I made this paper for her on Seerah and she really enjoyed it. We did Part 1 this week and will do the next part next week Insha Allaah. She looked at the books, found the spellings for certain words that she did not know and completed all. If you want you can download this file here and use it according to your child's level Insha Allaah.(if you find any mistakes please do inform me)
- Fiqh - Salaah. We are still learning the Adhkaar for Salaah, going a bit slow Insha Allaah
- Jolly Phonics - Revising the letter sounds. Will be doing more activities next week Insha Allaah
- Grammar - Pronouns
- Writing - She has been writing many letters and small books to her relations every now and then and its too much for me to put pics of all of them. Insha Allaah will select few and upload next week. She has been typing well too as her spellings have improved a lot masha Allaah. I have a session for her once every week where she meddles with MS Word. Now she knows to change fonts, type, insert pics and clip art and save the file. All explored on her own. She will look at books sometimes and type or type her own story and insert pics accordingly. She has also learnt how to search for pics that she wants by typing and searching on clipart. : ) so ICT skills are growing too very informally.
- Reading - She is learning new words and still reading. She has Story Time with our sister Umm Sara, via skype every Tuesdays and she just waits for Tuesdays now. May Allaah reward sis Umm Sara and her kids for taking the time to read to Maimoonah. She reads the books that she has chosen and Sara and Maimoonah read to each other what they have chosen.
- Clothes - This was almost a revision. She did the activities on the Smart Start Science Book. Then I also gave her some old magazines and asked her to cut and paste some clothes. ( I remember me doing all this for her last year and she has grown now to do all this by herself this year masha Allaah!)
- From where does clothes come. Spoke about it and explained some of the process. She did the activities on the work book.
- Mirror- This was fun and she liked it a lot. We experimented with the mirror how the writings look and the shapes look.
Alhamdulillaah so far MEP is going well. This week we made the number ladder, taught her to count one number loud and the other to whisper then to count backwards by looking and without looking, She caught it well.
We also discussed about shapes and using shapes did >, <, =
- Qur'aan Centre - We completed learning Soorah Ikhlaas and did the activities. Alhamdulilaah this is working well with Maimoonah and May Allaah reward sis Umm An Nu'man for her hard work and and sis Umm Sara for encouraging me to try this. It is tremendously making things easy for me. Alhamdulillaah. Maimoonah can read all the words and she could do the matching activity after reading independently. We also played a game with words and practised more on this.