As you all know I have incorporated the study of this important book to this year's schedule and Alhamdulillaah it is going well.
I was not too sure how Maimoonah would manage this book but she is able to study just like any other subject.
This is one of the first books recommended by scholars to study for a student of knowledge and indeed it is such a wonderful book to inculcate the basics of Aqeedah and Manhaj in the little minds before anything else.
My goals on this study Inshaa Allaah are
- Memorize the Arabic Text of Usooluth Thalaathah
- Memorize the Meaning of the text in English
- Understand the basic explanation of the Text
- Answer Questions on the Text and Explanation
- Act upon the Knowledge of the Text
- The Text
- Sharh of Usooluth Thalaathah
- What is Towheed Work Book
- Sharh Usooluth Thalaathah Audio by brother Aboo Sufyaan Uthmaan Beecher
- Salafyink Worksheet
So how do we get about this?
We start off everyday with Usooluth Thalaathah.
- First we listen to the Matn in Arabic. Not the whole of it. If you see the Matn document I use then, we did the first part of it that is the first page and the second page for two weeks.
- Then I read the selected Matn in Arabic three times
- I do not ask her to repeat anything until she is ready to do it by herself. After few days she opts to say the Arabic for me.
- Read the English Translation of Meaning of that particular part of the Matn
- Then we listen to the audio of the explanation
- Then I explain to her again the meaning of it.
- After few days, when she is ready to answer the questions related to what we have been reading and memorising I give her the work book.
I do not get into all details of Sharh Usooluth Thalaathah but try to give some basic explanation for the Matn. But l let her listen to the audio with the detail explanation.
So is this bearing fruits? Yes by the permission of Allaah it is. It is indeed a great opportunity for me first to study along with her and learn this wonderful dheen of Allaah. Sometimes children this age will get bored learning this kind of serious things, but I do not make it a very long session. And most of the time I talk and try and bring in many examples (from the explanation of Usooluth Thalaathah of the scholars and the students of ilm) as possible to make her understand the matters mentioned. And I talk a lot about the lives of the Scholars and when she learnt the biography of Shaykh Imaam Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhaab and Shaykh Saalih Al Uthaymeen, she knew they use to learn like this when they were her age and that itself was a motivation for her.
So its all up to us, how we present things and the attitude we have towards learning will reflect upon our kids bi idhnillaah. And I ask Allaah to bless us and guide us to continue this noble study and enable us to act upon what we study. Aameen.