- Eeamaan - We learnt the definition of eemaan and exampples for the actions and speech of the heart, tongue and limbs. We learnt that Eemaan increases with obedience to Allaah and it decreases with disobedience to Allaah. Maimoonah is taking in Islaamic Studies well Alhamdulillaah and I feel this is a right time for her to know these basics as I can see her applying in her daily life and this is what Islaamic Studies is all about. She is concious of things and she is careful and learns that it is very practical masha Allaah.
- Pillars of Eemaan - We used the TJ poster and learnt the 6 Pillars of Eemaan while revising the Hadeeth of Jibreel alaihissalaam.
- Belief in Allaah - I asked her which part of eemaan will "Believing in Allaah" fall into. She could quickly tell that it is the speech of the heart, Allaahu baarik lahaa. Then I asked her tell me how we believe in Allaah. Alhamdulillaah she could recollect all what she had learnt about the three categories of Tawheed and came out with the answers and I wrote them on the Book.
- Belief in the Angels - This was a very interesting topic and she just loved it. We used the Daarul Kitaab Learn About Series Angels are Real. Subhanallaah such a comprehensive book that saves so much of time. And Maimoonah could read it herself. And when I explained she just loved it. We learnt most of the things about the Angels. I added the story of Haaroot and Maaroot and we also discussed the Angels sent to punish different nations. I could see a big difference in her after learning about Angels, subhanallaah. She was very concious about pictures being in the house and was very happy that Angels are sent to protect her and that Angels take up her good deeds and make dua and thus Allaah sends blessings. She was very content that she is secure subhanallaah. May Allaah continue to give our kids this sincerity and Taqwa. Aameen. She did this wroksheet on the Angels.
- Jolly Phonics - We learnt these letter sounds.
- Grammar - We learnt Singular and Plural this week. I did not have the Little Grammar reader on this. Explained to her and she completed the Activity book. Concept was understood well.
- Comprehension - This week I used the Haydn Richards Junior English Book 1 and asked her to read a comprehension passage and answer the questions. She was really good and was able to answer all Alhamdulillaah!
- Food Groups, Nutrients - Since we have already covered this topic last year, this was a good revision with a better understanding. We reviewed the Food Pyramid, The Nutrients and Food Groups. We used the Encyclopaedia and learnt what certain nutrients do and why we should be eating a well balanced meal. She used the magazines and pasted some food items according to the groups.
We printed out the Food Trackers for Breakfast, lunch and Dinner along with the Balanced diet Tracker and recorded all what she eat for a week. This was a really good activity even for me to know what is it that we really do not eat so often. We spoke every day while recording and discussed the nutrients and food groups each food belonged to. End of the week we realized we do not eat enough fruits which is very essential, this is mainly due to getting fruits these days as we are facing some issue travelling.
She did the Smart Start Science book worksheets.
- Water - We learnt about Water and how important it is for all the living creatures. We also learnt the sources of water, the use of water and also how we should not waste water. I explained how important it is for a muslim for cleanliness is part of eemaan and we need water to clean ourselves as well as for wudoo but at the same time the Messenger of Allaah has informed us that even while we are taking wudhoo we should take great care in not wasting water.
We learnt how to measure water. I asked her to measure the water using this Jug and explained to her ml.
Gave her a funnel and a bottle and a bucket of water and asked her to fill the bottle. She measured 100ml and 200 ml and filled the bottle as she wished again and again. She just loved it.
Then we also learnt a bit about water current. Filled a bucket of water. Stirred hard with a spoon and showed her how the water whirls and we put the spoon in to it and it was going around she was thrilled. And I explained how people can die getting caught to current in the water.
She completed the water worksheet of the Smart Start Science
- Subtraction - We learnt subtraction this week with beads and solving problems. Now she understood the connection between equations and real happenings. With the use of the baskets she found the answers for these.
- MEP - We did one chapter on MEP which was also subtraction.
- Conversation - We have started using Arabic in our conversations now. Not fully but very little. With a help of a sweet sister and also this wonderful site we could learn some day to day words and sentences to be used.
- Iqra - We are continuing to learn to read with Iqra and Maimoonah is catching up but sometimes gets confused with different forms of letters. So to make things easy this week we used the flash cards and started circling certain letters to identify them. This is giving her confidence. We will continue do some activities like this Insha Allaah!
Alhamdulillaah we have completed the first 6 weeks of the Kindergarten Curriculum and its time to take a break. We will be doing Revision next week and since it will be Dhul Hijjah by then we would do Hajj activities till Eidul Adhaa along with other learning activities Insha Allaah. We will be back with our Curriculum after Eid Insha Allaah.