- Seearh - We learnt about the Secret and the Open Call. I made this worksheet and she enjoyed doing this. We covered the reaction of the Quraish to the Open Call and the reasons why the Quraish could not stop the Messenger of Allaah from calling people to Allaah. This worksheet made her think and answer. We discussed many things based on this.
|She stuck the stickers on our Time Line|
- Fiqh - Manners of Eating and Drinking. This is something we have done last year but repeating this year is indeed beneficial as the understanding is more. So we read the Darul Kitab Eating and Drinking Book and next week we will continue with the beautiful Unit Study on this by TJ.
- Grammar - We learnt about Yes No replies.
- Writing and Comprehension - I did not do anything specific this week as there was a lot of writing and comprehension involved in our seerah study!
Science/ Social Studies
- MEP - We did more chapters dealing with greater than and less than.
- Qur'aan Centre - We revised soorah Falaq and did the last activity on it. Alhamdulillaah Maimoonah is catching the Arabic Reading slowly.
- Writing and Reading - Maimoonah is still finding it a bit difficult to attempt to write in Arabic as she is not confident so just to make it a bit interesting and to give her this exposure am planning on doing some unit studies from TJ as I find them really beneficial. May Allaah reward sister Umm Ibraahim and her kids for all their hard work. Aameen. So this week we chose to study about Colours. We watched the Arabic First Power point on colours. I made her read each word. She did it with my help. Then we used the Unit Study and she wrote colours. We did the activity of looking in the Qur'aan and recording what colours are mentioned in each Aayah. We will continue this next week as well since we could not complete the whole thing this week. Masha Allaah this was a very good way of teaching to read and write and does not make her bored.
- Conversation - We revised and also learnt how to ask "What colour is this?" and "Is this Colour green?" in Arabic using the above unit study and TJ powerpoint on Colours.