- Seerah - Al Isra wal Miraaj - We learnt the hadeeth on this and the description of the Night Journey and Mi'raaj. We also learnt about the reaction of the Quraish for this and the verification of the truthfulness of Aboo Bakr As Siddeeq radhiyallaahu anhu. We used these templates from here and recorded the information on the topic. Jazzakillaah Khayr sis Umm Sayang for your sharing, it really made it easy for me at this time.
- Fiqh - Cleanliness. She read the Darul Kitab Book "Keeping Ourselves Clean" and discussed about it. It was a good thing that she is able to read and understand now and she was asking me many questions as to what this means. Especially about the hadeeth where the person is punished for not taking care of the Najis of Urine.
- Grammar - We studies about Objects and Animal Sounds.
- Writing - She wrote a letter to her Grandma with writing the date, addresses and the body of the letter, she also typed this letter on MS Word and waiting send it as an email soon Inshaa Allaah.
- Reading - Maimoonah has started reading Chapter Books now. My cousin gave her a whole heap of Noddy chapter books and she has been very busy reading then all day and night quietly on her own. I chose this book "Noddy Goes to School" and we both took turns and read aloud. I did this to understand if she could read all the words in the book and also to explain to her certain concepts. She did not know what is "Swollen head" is all about. So needed to explain. She enjoys these books as usual. But a word of caution some Noddy books have Magic and Kufr concepts and beware Inshaa Allaah.
All About Me Lapbook
- MEP - we did more chapters on MEP Year 1
- We are still continuing with Verbs and I am trying to make her write. She finds it very difficult to join and write Inshaa Allaah with practice it will come. After studying the verbs, I wrote some verbs in Arabic and gave her the Verbs sheet and asked her to read and find out which one is the correct answer and told her to copy write. It took her some time to look and write but she did well. This was a good reading and writing practice.