- Pillars of Eemaan - Belief in the Books of Allaah - We learnt that believing that Allaah revealed books to Messengers in order to guide people is part of eemaan and every Muslim must believe in this. We learnt the names of the Books and the respective Messengers they were revealed to. Also learnt that the Ahlul Kitab changed the Books after their Prophets passed away and Allaah has promised that the Qur'aan the last Book will be protected by Him from any change. She did this worksheet I made.
- Pillars of Eemaan - Beleif in the Prophets and Messengers - We learnt that all the Prophets and Messengers and human beings, the best of people created by Allaah and our Prophet Muhammad sallaahu alihiwasallam was the best amongst them. We learnt that all of them came to teach people Tawheed and abandon Shirk and we read all the books that we have on the Stories of the Prophets. each story was re read many times and reading some parts made her tear, some parts made her happy and some parts made her think. All this expressions I could see on her face and understand from her questions. She felt sorry when she read the Messengers were stoned and troubled and she felt happy when they were saved by Allaah and then she also felt sad as to why people could not listen to the Messengers and Obey Allaah! I am beginning to enjoy this long journey with her Alhamdulillaah more than before especially with Islamic studies. She did this worksheet.
- Jolly Phonics - She did these two letter sounds and we did a worksheet from Jolly Phonics, even though this worksheet was pretty easy for her I told her to do this and remember all the sounds and letters and words and then when I ask you to write she will have to write on her own. She agreed.
- Spelling - So when I asked her to write on her book the same words , she did it without a problem. I hope it is clear, the pencil is not dark, But now I can see improvement in her writing masha Allaah!
- Englsih Grammar - We learnt "Gender". I had to explain to her that Allaah has created us in pairs male and female and then continued to explain. She read the Little Grammar book and then I asked her to tell me the Masculine and the Feminine words she read in the book, while she told me I wrote on the board. Then we reviewed them again and she continued with the Workbook. This work book had a little bit more writing but she was ok about writing little at a time and I can see improvement in writing and positioning alhamdulillaah!
Aha she learnt who is a bride and bridegroom lol I had to tell her when some people get married this is how we call them. Now she thought for a long time and said the next day actually while reading something "Ummi, when I grow up I will get married to a Prophet" : ) But I understood what she meant she wanted someone who would be as good as a Prophet because she has learnt a whole heap of good things about the Prophets and Messengers that week as that was part of Islaamic Studies. So I said Insha Allaah Maimoonah you learnt that our Prophet Muhammad sallaahu alaihiwasallam was the last Prophet and Allaah will not send any Prophets after him, right? So Insha Allaah Abi will find you someone who would follow the Prophets and try to be like the Prophets. She was satisfied and said ok. Subhanallaah! Abi was very pleased and he was almost tearing when I told him this story later! I realised what a long way to go and how much more to teach this little girl, subhanallaah! May Allaah make it easy for us and keep our kids firm till the end upon His path!
- Vocabulary - We learnt the meanings of Appreciate and grip.
We learnt about Animals. Farm Animals and Wild Animals. Read the encyclopaedia and learnt some facts. We did the Cats Lapbook. And she also did the Smart Start Work Book, I forgot to take pics of the workbook will do it next week when I post the next summary Insha Allaah!
We had a cut and paste book and we got some pictures from that and pasted on the book and wrote some farm and wild animals.
- MEP - We did few more chapters
- Writing Numbers - I asked her to write 1 - 20 on the board and helped her write some numbers properly. She did ok. Will continue next week as well Insha Allaah!
- Madeenah Arabic - Since we were doing Animals this week we used the little Animals and practised Arabic using هدا and the others we have studied so far.
Also we continued with the next Chapter "ال" "The" I explained to her the change of the word when "The" is added in Arabic and she caught it very well. And I taught her how to write "ال in Arabic. She did well. We will continue this next week as well!
And something that we did outdoors this week was rubbing the trees and the speed humps!!!! Paper Crayon and............