- Belief in the Last Day - We learnt when the Last Day will begin and all the events related to the Last Day. We read the hadeeth of the description of the last day, the hadeeth of people asking the Prophets to intercede, the hadeeth of seeing Allaah. She was very interested and was listening to all the events. We also learnt hoe believing in the Day of Judgement will benefit the Muslims. We did this worksheet.
- Belief in the Qadr - We learnt what is the will of Allaah and what is the Qadr which is good and which is Bad. I did not go in to details of this but explained very briefly. We discussed that we must believe that all what happens, happens only by the will of Allaah and whatever happens to the believer is always good. We also discussed what happens on the Night of Qadr and what can change the Qadr by the will of Allaah. I did not give a worksheet on this to do as I felt thinking too much about this topic will make shaitaan play with this small mind. So Insha Allaa I just made it clear that we accept things with patience when something happens and we never say or question as to why this happened.
Alhamdulillaah with this we have completed the Strand 1 and the Strand 2 of the SK Curriculum and Insha Allaah from next week onwards we will be starting the Seerah of our Prophet sallaahu alaihiwasallam and Fiqh!
- Jolly Phonics - She did the following letter sounds and the worksheet.
- Grammar - Comparison of Adjectives. She read the little Grammar book and did the activities. Now I find the books are having a little bit more writing but she in enjoying now masha Allaah. This work book contained some maths activities too : ) like heavy heavier and cheap cheaper cheapest!
- Comprehension - This week I found a nice website with free comprehension passages ideal for Maimoonah and printed out this and she read and answered the questions too!
- Writing and Spelling - After doing the Jolly phonics worksheet I asked her to write the words without looking on her book and did well masha Allaah. Spelling is progressing well. Also she is able to write some of the days of the week like Sunday and Monday.
- What do Animals Eat - We learnt what do animals eat and she did these worksheets and the work book.
- Birds and Insects - http://ummmaimoonahrecords.blogspot.com/2011/11/insects-and-birds.html
- MEP - We completed few more chapters on MEP
- Additions 10 + - I taught Maimoonah all the additions of 10 + . Explained to her then gave her the sums on her book and she wrote the answers.
- Madeenah Readers - We continued with "ال" and this week did not do any writing of Gateway to Arabic. but she learnt how to write "ال and she attempted writing الولد . We went through the Arabic First Books to revise vocabulary.