Saturday 6 August 2011

Ramadhaan Activities 6 - 2011 - A Day of Fasting


We read this A Day of Fasting Wheel and discussed how a fasting person passes his or her day. 

Then she did the A Day of Fasting worksheet from TJ. She drew the suhoor food. She said that was some sweet and water. Then she drew the Quraan saying she recites and she drew some books saying she reads. Then she wrote "CLEAN" meaning she helps with cleaning. Then for Iftaar she drew some dates and a glass of water.


We also Fatima's First Fasting Day, masha Allaah even though it was a little long she enjoyed the story especially the sighting of the moon part!!

Then she made this Journal Entry. I told her write in one word all what she would do if she was fasting. She actually wrote everything step by step asking me few spellings masha Allaah!.Then we had a blast with Roller Stamping. I told her decorate as you wish and this was the end results!!


At the end of the day I asked her now tell me is Ummi's Day of Fasting? then she said " Ummi eats Suhoor, prays Fajr, Teaches me, recites the Qur'aan, Prays, give me lunch, GETS A LITTLE ANGRY (I was like what? lol), Cooks for Iftaar, Prays, feeds me, washes me and puts me to sleep, prays Qiyaamul Layl!". Then I asked her what is Abi's day of fasting? she said " the same thing Ummi, I am very busy now ok, I got to go"...That is it : )

5 comments:

Umm Suhailah said...

Bismillaah

As Salaamu Alaiki

Lol@get's angry!!!! Mashaa'Allaah. Her journal entry will be a nice keepsake for when she is older she can see what she did :) Inshaa'Allaah.
Mashaa'Allaah...I think you and Maimoonah are doing a lovely job Baraka'Allaahu'Feekum. Maimoonah is blossoming right before everyone's eyes Mashaa'Allaah *waves*

Umm Tafari said...

As salaam alaikum,

I can definitely see how she is progressing in her creativity in her journal, maashaa Allah.

Fouziya Musaliar said...

masha allah! i was ging to ask u if she had sample fast...thats what mum used make us do...take half day fasting about age 4..and two hald days would count as one...it was always a competition . its so funny...yest hu and i did an activity based on suhoor and iftaar and she too had a glass of water and dates..yes journal writing certainly turning out very nicely for maimoonah...i wish i had the patience to sit down with hu...

N. Perez said...

Assalamu alaykum,

MashAllah I love all the links and resources available on your blog. I wish I had more time to go through them but have to call it at night. I follow you via GFC to come back in the future inshAllah.

Happy Ramadhan!

Umm Muhammad

Umm Maimoonah said...

Alaikum salaam warahmathullaah Ya Akhawaat,

Jazzakillaah Khayr Umm Suhailah for the appreciation and motivation. Yes Insha Allaah may be Maimoonah can show her kids her first journal Insha Allaah : )

Jazzakillaah Khayr Umm Tafari for all your sharing which enabled us to do this!

Fouziya, yes she generally does, eats only lunch. She keeps saying I am fasted. I want to wake her up one day for suhoor and do a sample fast Insha Allaah! Thanks for your kind comments. It does not take time, just try it you would love it too Insha Allaah!

N.Perez, Thanks for stopping by and am glad it is of benefit to you Alhamdulillaah. Yes please do drop in and share your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...