- Seerah - We learnt the names of the Family Members of the Prophet sallaahu alaihiwasallam. We recorded some names and we made a tree using construction paper and Maimoonah used her stencils and together we made this tree to keep in mind all the names. This was a nice art activity too. Insha Allaah we will continue learning the family members this week too!
- We did not do Fiqh this week, Insha Allaah next week we will learn more about Salaah!
- Grammar - We learnt Compound Words. We have completed the first 10 books of the Little Grammar Books masha Allaah! 20 more to go!
- Comprehension - We did a passage from Junior English this week. I have brought this book for next year, but now I feel she can complete it this year as it is same as the Little Grammar books we are using but the letters are small. So I am thinking of including this book for grammar and comprehension Insha Allaah so that I can get a higher level next year for her! I copied the questions on another paper and she wrote the answers!
- Reading and Writing - This week she went back to her Noddy lol! Suddenly she wanted to read all the Noddy books and every day she read a book to her Abi. Taking the opportunity after she read the book I asked her to write something about Noddy saying I will give her a sticker of Noddy to paste after she completes. She got all excited and wrote this very much independently!
|This is what it says|
"Noddy is a boy
Noddy lives in Toy Town.
He drives in a car.
Noddy is good.
Noddy loves to eat caramel Treat."
- Asian Continent and some Asian Countries. This time she wanted to learn more about each country unlike what we did for Africa. So I printed out flags of few countries that she wanted to learn about and included the capital, currency, language and head of state. I had a nice World Fact Book and we read about each country she chose. And she could read the instructions on the flag and colour them accordingly without any help! I told her to colour the letters and keep while I prayed but when I finished praying she has coloured all the flags too, for a moment I thought she has just randomly coloured. Masha Allaah no she said I read and coloured accordingly and that is what she had done! She filled in all the details about each country asking me the spellings where necessary. I think this is a good project which is very much comprehensive for lot of learning.
|She wanted to paste the one Saudi riyal which was part of the gift given to her by a Mutawwah at the Haram|
- This week I tought her some easy equations . Now she got the idea that 10 + 2 = 12 and 20 + 2 = 22 and so on. When I first asked her to write the answer for the equations she wrote like this even though she knew the answer verbally.
Then when I asked her to look at the number chart how they are written she understood and re wrote the answers correctly!
Arabic - We did not do anything new continued with Sun letters and Moon Letters