- Allaah's Knowledge - We learnt about Allaah's knowledge and how He knows everything and we must be aware of this and do our actions. She liked this discussion. We spoke about Allaah knows what is in our hearts even though we do not say it and He knows what Maimoonah thinks. That He knows that a black ant is crawling on a black rock during a dark night. Then we did this worksheet
- Allaah's Aboveness - We have already covered this in our Pre School Curriculum last year so this was a revision for her. We watched the TJ Where is Allaah powerpoint again and I gave her this worksheet to do. We also went through the meaning of Aayathul Kurs as it talks about Allaah's Aboveness.
- Tauheed Al Uloohiyyah - We learnt the definition of Ibaadah, why we love Allaah and how we love Allaah. Also how do we keep away from all what Allaah hates. We learnt the definition of Tawheed al Uloohiyyaah and examples for it. Then she did these activities on the worksheet I made.
|We used the TJ Ibadah Poster.|
We did not do any new names instead we reviewed the Asmaaul Husanah we have learnt so far.
- Jolly Phonics - We learnt the sounds and she wrote the letters and coloured along with doing the actions.
- Grammar - We started Grammar this week and learnt about Verbs. I explained to her what a verb is and then she read the Little Grammar book. While she read each sentence I asked her to tell me the verb and she did well. She understood fully what a verb is as I noticed when there were more than one verb in a sentence she told me all the verbs. Then she did the Little Grammar work book and completed.
- Spelling and Vocabulary - We are learning to spell and Insha Allaah hope to spell at least 3 new words each week. I asked her which words she would like to learn to spell and she said she wants to learn how to write Abi's name and lion and fall. So I wrote them on the board and she learnt them. We practice spelling on the whiteboard as I feel she enjoys this more than writing on paper or book. And its easy to do whenever she wants. Other than this I asked her to also write words that she already knew which contains the sounds we have studied with Jolly phonics and all this she wrote without my help 100% masha Allaah! We also leant about vowels and I asked her to circle all the vowels in her name. We are learning at least 3 new Vocabulary words with meaning. I hope to use the DK dictionery we have from next week for this Insha Allaah!
|The words that are on the extreme left are her spelling words above I have explained to her what are vowels and you can also see our two weeks vocabulary words|
- Comprehension - I would love to use some nice Islamic Stories written according to her standards Insha Allaah for comprehension. But I just cannot find anywhere and I just do not have the time right now. I am just apealing to sisters who have the time if you are able to please help by just writing a small story for each week for comprehension based on the Qur'aan, sunnah and from the salaf insha Allaah. I know there are many out there its just that we need to get it for the smaller level. So for now Umm Tafari gave this link and I just put all into one page and gave her to read and answer the questions. Masha Allaah she did well and she was bored to write so I held her hand and wrote the answers. But her comprehension is good and Islamic Stories are the best for her I feel! Also another dear sister sent me this link http://www.clarkness.com/. These are also just one page stories. Something like this but Islamic would be ideal Insha Allaah!
Continued with MEP. We used the beads and learnt addition and subtraction. We also learnt Triangles and quadrilaterals.
Social Studies/ Science
- Colours - This topic was a blast and she enjoyed it very much. We learnt the primary colours and the secondary colours and how to mix colours. We did the smart start workbook. We used poster colours and did the colour mixing activities. She was thrilled to see changing colours in front of her eyes.
We made play dough and used the food colouring and made it orange and yellow. This is the first time I made and I think it did not come out well as I see its sticky. Is this the way or is it because the water is too much. I followed intructions on the net and made it. Any way as I made Maimoonah could do many things but later it became very sticky :)
Then we used a glass of water and straws and noticed the Bending Light.
Then she used her finger paints and mixed the colours and did this beautiful art work masha Allaah. Abi was fascinated and just loved it so much and is keeping it with him to scan the picture and use it for his e-eid greetings for this Eidul Adhaha Insha Allaah!
|This was totally done with her fingers|
- Big and Small - We did the Smart Start Science activities on this topic.
- Shapes - We did the the workbook on this topic. Since we have already covered this topic it was a revision but the workbook had a nice activity where it asks to match the out come of cutting some shapes into two. This was a very interesting thing for Maimoonah and she wanted to do it herself and see. So she used the shapes and drew each shape cut them into two and tested the answer all very much independently.
Then I asked her to go around the house and find things with shapes and sort them accordingly!
- Hot and Cold - We did the workbook and did some experiments.
She touched the hot water and cold water and felt the difference.
Then we used the food colouring on cold and hot water and observed the diffusion. She was so excited about it.
Then we put a little sugar on to each bowl and checked in which bowl it melted fast.
We learnt how to make ice. She did not know this before and loved it. Also I asked her to pour the water without spilling and she was so sweet when it spilt a bit she kept saying I am sorry ok Ummi I am sorry ok? Then we took it out after sometime and checked the ice cubes. And we poured hot water and noticed how the ice cubes melted. She really really enjoyed this.
- Madeenah Arabic Reader - We learnt " Who is this"? من هدا
- Gateway to Arabic - We started Gateway to Arabic. She was very tired and refused to write. So I left it but we went through some verbs and letters.
That is the end of week 2!