Tuesday 10 August 2010

Ramadhaan Activities I - Bulletin Board

Alhamdulillaah today is the Day of Shakk (doubt). So all are excited about sighting the moon tonight Insha Allaah and awaiting announcment.

We made our Ramadhaan Bulletin Board and the Ramadhaan Phases of the moon calandar. All this was thanks to our dear sisters Umm Ibrahim and Umm Abdul Basir. You can get all info from here and here. May Allaah reward these sisters for their efforts and for sharing with their generous hearts. Aameen.

Maimoonah is all excited about this Ramadhaan and on and off if I offer her some food or drink she tells me "No Ummi, I am fasting, I will have it after the Adhaan". So this is our frequently heard statement at home these days.

And she knows about a Bulletin board and keeps talking about it. She helped me with pinning the contents onto the board with great sense of responsibility, our little girl is growing masha Allaah..


Here is how Our Bulletin Board looks beginning of Ramadhaan and I hope it will get filled up with our learnings each day throughout Ramadhaan Insha Allaah.


Here is a close up..


On our Bulletin board so far you can see the ifthar dua, dua for the host, Soorah Qadr, command to fast Quraanic Aayahs, colour a picture a day. All these I downloaded from the sites I have mentioned above.

This one I did it on my own mainly for my reference .


Just listed out all what I want Maimoonah to know at the end of Ramadhaan in a nutshell. Its called "Ramadhaan at a Glance". This will help her to express what Ramadhaan is all about. And will remind me to talk to her about all these instead of discussing only few things all the time. I put it in simple sentences so that she could keep them in mind Insha Allaah. You can download this file here


Here is our Phases of the Moon calendar.


She is so excited to see the moon each night and paste on this calendar Insha Allaah.

Yet again Allaah has blessed us to witness another Ramadhaan and given us the opportunity to earn rewards, Alhamdulillaah!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Assalamu alaykum

Unable to download the Ramadan at a a glance file from the link you provide, sister. Could you , maybe email it to me? Would also appreciate it greatly it could email the command to fast file as well. Its so pretty, but I cant find it elsewhere. My email is nidha.burhan@gmail.com

Jazakillahu khairan for sharing your excellent ideas with us and sorry to keep pestering you for links."smile"

Umm Maimoonah said...

Alaikum salaam sister

Thanks for your kind words. I have sent you mail. Sorry for the delay! Baarakallaah Feekum

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...