Monday 8 March 2021

Completion of Teacher Training Course - How to Teach Online

 بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم


If you remember, we had a Teacher Training Program - How to Teach Online which started in November 2020 and expected to be completed in December 2020. However, we had to extend the program taking into consideration the situation of some participants who joined the program in order to give them sufficient time to complete their tasks. Alhamdulillaah we are pleased to share that we have successfully completed this first of its kind teacher training program for Muslim teachers.  

This extraordinary Teacher Training Course on How to Teach Online included four Modules. The participants joined 4 live 2 hour sessions explaining in detail the theory part of the 4 modules. 

They were engaged and active in the remote classroom at their own timings with tasks assigned to me completed each week and they were graded each week too. 

The participants were given a detailed course handbook to understand the whole structure of the course and what is expected of them to perform. 


Additionally, they were also given in-depth detailed digital notes for each module. 

    


 



Participants were trained to plan their online lessons from the beginning in the classroom with personalised feedback given throughout their planning stages. They were also exposed to the beneficial methodology of reflecting on their teaching, planning and much more through writing journal entries. 

Every participant was provided with easy to use checklist to complete their tasks. 

They were shown demonstrations of real time online classes and taught to make their own analysis of different teaching sessions in order to improve their own sessions. 

They completed their very own teaching online practical session which was their final practical assignment and received in depth detailed personalised feedback as well as gradings. 

Those sisters, who have had family obligations opted to do course at their own pace without practicals and we were flexible to allow them to benefit too, Alhamdulillaah.

And for all their hard work they were appreciated with certificates of completion and participation, Alhamdulillaah!


And most importantly, some of the partipcants have already started offering their very own online courses from the comfort of their homes. Alhamdulillaah!

Inshaa Allaah due to popular demand from more sisters, we hope to repeat this Teacher Training Program later this year so that this could benefit more sisters Inshaa Allaah. 

I thank all the participants for joining us and we hope and pray this has helped them in their professional development Inshaa Allaah.








Here are some of the testimonials of the participants. 




 

 















And finally I would also like to share a feedback we received from one of the sister's to give you a full picture Inshaa Allaah. I am pleased that the sister voiced out her disappointment below, however all what was to be offered in this course was clearly stated in the enrolment advertisement here 


Alhamdulillah the course has pushed me to get back into teaching, through the online sphere. This was one of my goals as I entered the course so I am pleased overall.

Umm Maimoonah has thoroughly covered every aspect of online teaching and provided information that I did not expect to need or know. I enjoyed being back in the classroom alongside other learners.

I wish to provide Umm Maimoonah with some sincere feedback regarding the course content, which reflects my personal experience and expectations of the course. It could simply be a case of marketing the course more descriptively next time.

There were some aspects of the course which I feel I did not gain much from. I was keen to learn the ins and outs and practical side of online teaching itself. The first two live lessons felt like too much information to digest for the purposes of the course, some of which simply did not interest me. Unfortunately, I felt I did not learn much about ‘how’ to teach in the first 3 live lessons of the course. I picked up some useful bits of data, links and ideas, but overall these did not align with my expectations. The fourth lesson was more practical in nature and therefore, seemed much more beneficial. Umm Maimoonah did also post extra resources and reflective tasks, which were good activities such as on the Zoom video and reflecting on the teaching video. 

Teaching itself is not new to me, alhamdulillah I am a professional teacher for many years. I am familiar with learners, learning styles and best practices. I am also accustomed to making powerpoints and presenting. After a few years break from classroom teaching due to family, I was lacking in confidence to enter an online classroom. What I really wanted to learn in the course was how to use online platforms and tools to engage my learners and to be shown this in practice. For instance, I imagined we would be asked to take control and do some teaching by using tools. I thought we would be involved with creating and using assessment tools. My initial impression was that we might be doing some live lessons in groups and providing peer to peer feedback, which would have been a brilliant learning experience. As a teacher, I know the best way learners learn is to get them doing something during the lesson and so I feel Umm Maimoonah missed a trick or two. 

In terms of the trainer, Umm Maimoonah has been wonderful. There’s no doubt she puts in a lot of effort and takes pride in what she does. Her patience, dedication and warmth shine through her lessons. She has also guided her students towards their goals and been responsive and considerate at all times. I have an immense amount of admiration for what she has achieved and that in itself was an inspiration for me to push towards my own goals. May Allah reward her best intentions and efforts and put barakah in her work. Ameen.

Juwayriyah

UK


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...