Monday 19 September 2011

Sewing Saturday! - Introduction

So Guess what? We have started to learn Sewing! I thought that would be the last thing I would do. My Mom is excellent in sewing. She is the one who does my dresses even now. She tried teaching me from the time I was small may be little older than Maimoonah, and I remember learning too and we have done some nice projects together. But I have a problem Qadarallaah Masha Allaah, that from the time I was born up until now I sweat on my palms, sometimes to the extent that water flows right down. So whenever I start to stitch the whole thing is a mess. I use to write in school and do exams with a cloth underneath so that the paper does not get soaked with water.

So when it came to sewing as time went by I got frustrated because of this issue and did not go further and that was a full stop. Now after many many years since little Maimoonah is here I thought she must learn this. If I was with my mom I am sure by now she would have taught Maimoonah to sew on the sewing machine!!!

Alhamdulillaah Allaah has blessed us here with Air Conditions in our houses so I feel I can control my plams a bit better Insha Allaah!

So we started sewing this Saturday with the help of You Tube! Masha Allaah there are plenty out there. Also The Kids Sewing Projects is a nice site with all what you need to know about sewing!

We watched a you tube how to thread the needle and here she is doing what she saw!

 


A dear sister sent these Embroidery Cards for Maimoonah some time back. And we used one of them as our first project.


This is our small sewing box for the moment with the essentials. We need to get things but we started with what we had : )



With my help she finished this without a break. (She chose the colour of the thread and the card she wanted to stitch)



Then we watched on you tube how to stitch the running stitch.

I showed her and then she still could not get proper control but she knew how to do it.

 

End of it this is how it looked.



That was our first sewing lesson!

13 comments:

Holly Garza said...

MashaAllah so cute and colorful! I REALLY, REALLY want to pick up sewing InshaAllah!

Monika said...

Assalaamu alaikum uhktee,

Masha Allah! Wonderful! Im looking forward to try this in a while with my kids insha Allah. Actually I left a loong comment on the kindergarten summary post earlier today but it seems to be gone? I dont know what happend, qadrallah. I will write a new comment tomorrow insha Allah.
Tell Maimoonah she did very good masha Allah!

Al Firdaus lifestile & interior said...

salamualaikum dear sister,
and a big hurraaay;)
..this a beautiful stitched card by Maimoona!may Allah bless her and your hands!

Umm Mouad

Umm Sayang said...

Assalamualaikum Umm Maimoonah.
Subhanallah, it's amazing how precise little Maimoonah hands are. I see many more sewing projects for both of you Insha-Allah :)

UmmSara said...

MashaAllah, another nice thing to learn for Maimoonah. She is so sweet: )

Umm Maimoonah said...

Alaikum salaam warahmathullaahi wa barakaathuhu Ya Akhawaat,

Thanks Holly, yes its a good idea, awaiting to see your projects Insha Allaah!

Umm Adam, kids enjoy anything new lol! Awaiting your projects! Oh it sometimes happens with blogger : (. No probs take your time! By the way I really really love your blog button and the Finished curriculum button is beautiful masha Allaah. Just saved on to my blog too!!! I hope you don't mind it!!! : )

Thanks Umm Mouad, Aameen to your dua. Lot to learn from you with regard to sewing!!! It will be nice if you can share some easy kids project so that we can learn Insha Allaah, of course when you have the time Ukhtee!

Jazzakillaah Khayr Umm Sayang for your motivation and those kind words as always! Yeah lot of things to come in the future Insha Allaah!

Umm Sara, yes they always like something new so I guess this was the right time. Jazzakillaah Khayr!

Anonymous said...

Assalaamu alaikum ukhti :)
How cute, I love sewing and handcrafts and its just great for fine motor skills and hand eye coordination. Its easier for her to sew on fabric if you use a small embroidery frame then it holds the fabric taut.

Fe Amaanillah
Umm imaan

Umm Maimoonah said...

Alaikum salaam Umm Iman,

Jazzakillaah Khayr! Yes Ukhtee, barakallaah feekum for the suggestion, I thought of it myself too but I need to get out of the house to get one lol: ) so when I go next time will look for it. Do you think it will be easier for her to running stitch as well on that? I am asking this because for running stitch you need to squeeze in the needle through the fabric, hope you got me?

Umm Suhailah said...

Bismillaah

As Salaamu Alaiki

Lovely! Mashaa'Allaah. Good job ladies :).

Umm Maimoonah said...

Alaikum salaam Umm Suhailah

Thanks. Barakallaah Feekum!

Anonymous said...

Assalaamu alaikum, yes I know what you mean about going out to get things, most times we have to make do with what we have and get on with it :)

I am definitely no expert :)I think it may be easier with that too insha Allah. You can see how she feels once she has it in her hands. With the running stitch a few stitches need to be put on the needle before pulling through. Which ever feels most comfortable :)

Have fun insha Allah
Fe Amaanillah
Umm Imaan

Umm Maimoonah said...

Alaikum salaam Umm Imaan

Jazzakillaah Khayr sis. Insha Allaah will try it out! Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Wa iyaaki :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...