Wednesday 14 December 2011

Kindergarten Curriculum Summary - Week 10

Islaamic Studies 
  • Seerah - We read and recorded the following events.
Birth of the Prophet
Living with Haleemah
Returning to Aaminah
Death of Aaminah, Death of Abdul Muttalib
In the Care of Abu Taalib.




  •  Fiqh - We learnt about Wudhu. We used the Learning Roots sequence cards and the TJ Wudhu Dua poster and some wudhu cards we had last year. Explained to her the importance of Wudhu, How to perform it and what will break it.




This is the note we made about Ihsaan  last week.

English Language

  • Jolly Phonics - She did these letters and sounds. As I expected Alhamdulillaah Maimoonah is improving her spellings by doing Jolly phonics. She is able to recall the letter sounds and spell or write a word now Alhamdulillaah!

  • Grammar - Homonyms




  • Comprehension - This time she wrote the answers for the questions in addition to circling the correct answers.



  • Writing - A dear friend of mine who is a teacher for almost 16 years now suggested that I give Maimoonah a word bank and ask her to write. Masha Allaah this really helped and this is what she wrote! Any way first I asked her what would you like to write about Yourself and she told me. So I wrote some words I thought she would find it difficult to spell. and she came out with this.

  


Social Studies - African and Antarctic Continents and Countries - http://ummmaimoonahrecords.blogspot.com/2011/12/continents-and-nations.html


 Maths

  • MEP - We did following pages.







Arabic
  • Madeenah Arabic - We did The Sun Letters and the Moon Letters. She understood well Alhamdulillaah but we would continue to practice next week as well Insha Allaah!

 

  • Gateway to Arabic - She wrote these two letters.



3 comments:

UmmSara said...

MashaAllah, very well done.
We have been kind of busy for the last 3-4 days and could not comment on your latest posts (you are several posts mashaAllah : ) )
It is really good to know you guys are all busy learning!. May Allah make it beneficial. Good job for Maimoonah.

Umm Suhailah said...

Bismillaah

As Salaamu Alaiki

You know what I was thinking the same Umm Sara has stated. I'm like I must be behind leaving comments on your post
Heheh you move fast :)
I guess I will have to scroll down sometime soon to see what I miss - I do notice I miss commenting on your sewing saturday's post- (which I read and loved!)

Oh and as for this post- you guys are doing a good job Mashaa'Allaah. I enjoying reading the post and learn a lot from it. You are very organized Mashaa'Allaah.

Umm Maimoonah said...

Barakallaah feekum Umm Sara, yes we are busy. I cannot imagine next week will be our 12th week and time for another break masha Allaah!. Its so wonderful to see children learning many things in front of your eyes Innalhamdalillaah!

Alaikum salaam Umm Suhailah! Oh no, I am very late with this post, this was last week's summary lol. I fall short to whole lot just like all of you! : ) May Allaah make it easy for all of us. Aameen. Jazzakillaah Khayr for your kind words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...